Dahamana Maha Vidyalaya: How It All Began……
- Hits: 1932
At a time when the village lacked a school to serve the needs of the children, the village leaders led by Rev.
Panane Wimalawansa thero, gave leadership to a move to accomplish this task.
Overcoming many difficulties the initiative was taken to build a school in Dahamana a few miles from
Balangoda town on a plot of land donated by W.A. Punchi Mahathmaya.
When the school officially commenced on February 24, 1949 it only had a cadjan hut, but today a good
mix of old and modern buildings blend together to add glamour and splendour to the School.
In its 57th year of function the school now serves not only the children of Dahamana but also those
from neighbouring villages.